Sweet Street Bakery
Julie, owner and winner of numerous statewide cake decorating awards and several times published in a national magazine, will personally decorate your wedding cake to your individual specifications. Sweet Street opened a retail store in Verona in 1984 and moved the bakery to New Glarus in 1997. Serving Wedding couples, Wholesale and Dane County Farmers Market, we are located 2 miles north of New Glarus off of Hwy 69.
- over 39 years of bakery experience
- a Fine Arts Degree from UW-Madison
- taught cake decorating at Madison Area Technical College, culinary classes and numerous demonstrations
- taken classes in fondant, cake sculpture and cocoa painting from world renowned cake decorators
- unique creations and designs
- intricately detailed or beautifully simple work – whichever you prefer
- a state licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in cakes
- member of International Cake Exploration Society and previous board member of WI Bakers Assoc.
- Won 1st place in the State of WI for our Fudgey Sour Cherry Cake in the cake category at a confections cooking contest, recognized by Gov. Tommy Thompson.
- Completed a masters of cake decoration course in Australian Fondant methods, gum paste, tulle & floodwork from the McCalls School of Cake Decoration Inc. based in Canada.
- Won 1st place at the Madison Food and Wine show in cupcakes.
Al images courtesy of Sweet Street Bakery